Motor Vehicle Accidents
Having a personal injury lawyer on your side following an auto accident is important for anyone who was injured in the accident. After an accident, the following steps should be taken:
- Determine if anyone was injured and seek professional medical assistance if it is needed. Do not attempt to move any injured persons, but mark the scene of the accident with cones and flares if possible.
- Using your mobile cell phone or camera, take pictures of the vehicles and the scene.
- Notify the police and wait for them to arrive and conduct an accident investigation.
- Get the names and personal information, including insurance, of everyone involved in the accident, including any witnesses or passengers.
- Notify your insurance company and do not discuss the accident with anyone except your insurance company and the police. Soon after the accident you can expect to be contacted by insurance companies who will offer a settlement. While this settlement may be in their best interests, it is not always in yours, and you should avoid signing or accepting any proposal until you have consulted with an attorney.
Please contact us for a free initial consultation, without any obligation, if you have suffered the loss of a loved one or have been injured in any accident that was not your fault. If we take your case we will represent you on a contingency fee basis.