What is Wrongful Death?
A wrongful death is what occurs when someone is killed by another’s negligence or a defective product. The offending parties can be other people, companies, or both. Wrongful death litigation is usually brought to the courts by the representative of the victim's estate, typically an immediate relative.
If a wrongful death has occurred to a loved one due to an accident, or caused by a defective product, you may be entitled to the following compensation:
- Recovery of loss of earnings of the decedent.
- Compensation for your loss of companionship.
- Reimbursement for burial and funeral expenses.
- Recovery of your present and future financial losses.
- Reimbursement for your out of pocket expenses incurred.
- Reimbursement or payments of any medical expenses incurred.
We're Here to Help
If you have lost a loved one as the result of a personal injury accident, no amount of money can replace your loss, or properly compensate you, but you need an experienced wrongful death attorney to represent you. This is an extremely emotional and stressful time, and only an experienced wrongful death lawyer with expertise in this very specialized area of law should represent you, who will also give you proper attention, and be sensitive to your needs.